We are so glad you are here! Below are some helpful information about our town. We are always here to help! Contact our office at (620) 549-3208 for any questions you may have.
- The City utility bills include these services: electric, water, sewer and trash.
- Trash pick-up is on Wednesday mornings. Please set out your trash Tuesday night by your alley. Please put your trash tote by the street if you do not have an alley.
- Utilities are all regulated by ordinances, these are available upon request.
- Connection fee of $250.00 will be required if a letter of credit from a former utility company with no more than 2 delinquencies cannot be obtained. The letter of credit must be in the name of the person applying for utilities and must be in the City office prior to utilities being turned on.
- Connection fee can be paid in two payments, $125.00 before City will turn on utilities and $125.00 is due with first utility bill.
- This connection fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Utility bills are sent on the last working day of the month and are due by the 15th of the following month. 10% penalty will be added after 15th.
- Utility services are disconnected after 10 am on the 25th of each month if no payment is received. Reconnection fee is charged to have service restored.
- Online payment service for utility bills are available through Payment Service Network (PSN). You will need an account number to register your account. Forms of accepted payment are debit/credit cards or direct ACH from checking/saving account. Paperless billing is also available through PSN. To register your account on PSN, please visit "I want to..." tab on our website and click "Pay my bill"
- To report any emergency after hours, weekends and holidays, please contact Dispatch Office at (620) 549-3247.
- A building permit is required for construction of new buildings, additions to existing buildings, and fences.
- Any such weeds and grass shall be presumed to be in violation if they exceed 9 inches in height. Properties in violation are subject to be mowed by the city at a cost of $250.00.
- Grass clipping is prohibited on city streets.
- Only grass clipping, tree limps and tree trunks are permitted at the city dump. Plywood, posts, and other trashes are not permitted.
- Recycling bins are located at the end of South Exchange street.
- We have a First Responder Unit and Fire Department, if you are interested in joining or helping out, please call the city office. Swimming pool is located between 9th & Broadway. Our pool offers a wide variety of activities. Pool passes for singles up to families of 6 or more are available.
- Golf cart permit is required to drive on city streets. A copy of insurance and driver license are required to get the permit. A fee of $25.00 is due before the permit can be approve. This is a yearly permit that will have to be renewed at the beginning of each year.
- UTV permit is required to drive on city streets. a copy of insurance and driver license are required to get the permit. A fee of $50.00 is due before the permit can be approve.
- Shooting Range is open to any resident of St. John. The range application is available through our website or contact city hall to obtain a copy. This is a yearly permit that will have to be renewed at the beginning of each year. Please call Dispatch Office before you use the range.
- Sign up to receive city-wide alerts by text: StJohn to 91896. Notifications may include: upcoming events, emergency alerts, road closures and other city-wide alerts.
- Dogs and cats need to be registered yearly. A copy rabies certificate is required to register your pet(s).
- Rabies clinic is held in April each year. This is a free service to resident of St John.
- Accumulation of unwanted items and rubbish is prohibited on any residential, commercial or industrial premises that could cause injuries to the health, safety or general welfare of the residents of the community.
- Big roll-off dumpster is located west of the power plant for citizens within city limit only. Please check the sign to see what is not permitted to throw in the dumpster.
- Semi truck is prohibited to park on city street more than 4 hours